Last item for navigation

How to use this Page

This is the City's Online Library. Below you will find applications and forms for multiple City departments.  

  • Forms that can be filled out online are marked with an asterisk (*)
  • Forms in PDF format are marked (PDF). You will need a program such as Adobe Reader to open them.

Fee Schedules

2020 City of Auburn Fee Schedule (PDF) - Effective 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
2021 City of Auburn Fee Schedule (PDF) - Effective 1/1/2021
VRFA Fee Schedule (PDF)

Community Development

NEW! Auburn is transitioning our electronic permit application process to We are excited to be able to offer this convenient application process to our customers.  As new applications are added to in 2021, our Forms Page will be updated regularly. APPLICATIONS TO BE MADE THROUGH MYBUILDINGPERMIT.COM ARE MARKED APPLY AT MBP.

CODE CHANGE: Effective February 1, 2021, Washington State has adopted the 2018 International Codes and associated amendments.  Applications made after this date are required to meet the updated code requirements.  Please see the Washington State Building Code and Auburn City Ordinances 6763 for more information.
The current design requirements may be found here: (MBP) Applications

The following applications should be made directly through

  • Mechanical Permits
  • Plumbing Permits
  • Fire Permits
  • Boundary Line Adjustment/Elimination
    • Select: Auburn | Land Use | New | None | Boundary Line Adjustment
  • Temporary Use Permits
    • Select: Auburn | Land Use | New | None | Temporary Use
  • Pre-Application
    • Select: Auburn | Land Use | New | None | Preapplication Meeting
  • Zoning Certification Letter
    • Select: Auburn |  Land Use | New | None | Zoning Verification
  • Grading Permits
  • Deviation Request
    • Select: Auburn | Land Use | New | Deviations, Modifications, Variances, or Waivers | Deviation
  • Street Deferral Request
    • Select: Auburn | Land Use | New | Deviations, Modifications, Variances, Or Waivers | Street Deferral Request

NEW! Permitting and constructing your new project can be a significant investment, so finding the right design consultant for your needs is important.  View this Tip Sheet (PDF)  for selecting an architect of engineer and how the City can help.

Owner Authorization Form (PDF)

Building - Residential (Submit Electronically - visit the Permits webpage)

Building - Commercial  (Submit Electronically - visit the Permits webpage)

Civil (Submit Electronically - visit the Permits webpage)

Business (submit your application electronically via email)


Human Resources

  • See the Employment page to review the City’s job openings or to apply online*

Land Use and Environmental Applications (Submit Electronically  - visit the Permits webpage)

LEOFF Forms and Information


Parks, Arts & Recreation


Public Works - Right of Way Use Process and Permits

Utility Billing