Last item for navigation
Animal Control

Animal Control Services

Sorenson Animal Control Peckham


Animal services within the Auburn's city limits are provided by the Auburn Police Department's Animal Control officers.

If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

For non-emergency animal control service, please call 253-288-2121 or send us an email.

For dangerous dog or potentially dangerous dog registrations are available from the City Clerk's office at 253-931-3039.

For unincorporated King County residents contact Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) at 206-296-7387.

Animal Control Officers respond to the following requests:
  • Police department calls for assistance
  • Loose livestock on roadways
  • Aggressive or sick animal pickup
  • Animal cruelty investigations
  • Wildlife in the living area of a home
  • Vicious animal complaints
  • Animal bites
  • Disruptive animals
  • Injured animal rescues
  • Dead-on-arrival livestock/cats/dogs

Barking Complaints

Any public disturbance noise made by an animal is unlawful and may be enforced under the provisions of ACC 6.02.140. To make a barking complaint please complete the Barking Dog Complaint Form (PDF).


Any contact with people or pets, call Animal Control immediately at 253-288-2121.

Dog Park

The only off-leash area allowed in the City of Auburn is at Roegner Park dog park.

Disaster Preparedness

We recommend pet owners have an evacuation plan  for you and your pets. We recommend that your microchip your pet so that you can be reunited quicker in an event of a disaster. Each pet owner should have an emergency kit for their pets.

Lost & Found Pet

If you lost or found a pet, please contact Animal Control at 253-288-2121.
For questions about the Auburn animal shelter, please visit Auburn Valley Humane Society or call 253-249-7849.

Microchipping your animal can save its life and reunite you with your pet faster.


Licensing helps animals in Auburn by assisting with pet adoptions, funding our community shelter, and caring for injured, lost, and homeless pets. Your pet is part of your family. Show them you care by keeping them safe. All dogs and cats must be licensed in Auburn.

  • Failure to license your pet per Auburn City Code 6.04.010 will result in a fine of $50. 
  • Rabies vaccines are required for all ferrets, cats, and dogs per Auburn City Code 6.04.015.

Service Animal vs Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

 Service Animal
  • Specifically trained
  • American Disability Act Protected
  • Dog or Miniature Horse only
  • Accompany owner anywhere
  • No formal training
  • Only covered under HUD & Fair Air
    Carriers Act
  • Shall follow all pet rules for public access
  • ESA is not a service animal

It is a crime to falsely represent an ESA as a Service Animal. Penalty under RCW 49.60.214 is $500 plus fees and assessments imposed by the State of WA.

Get more details about how New Laws Change Rules for Service Animals.