Last item for navigation
When to Call 911

Reporting Emergencies & Less Critical Situations

If there is an Immediate, Life-Threatening Emergency, DIAL 911

  • Medical emergencies
  • Any type of fire
  • A crime in-progress
  • Any suspicious activity
  • Any dangerous or life threatening emergency
  • Any time a person fears for their safety or the safety of others

It can be frightening to call 911 for emergency help, but it is important for responders to have the necessary information to provide assistance to those in need. It is also important for you to stay as calm as possible to assist the 911 dispatcher. Be prepared to provide the address you are at and/or answer all questions to help the dispatcher find your location.

To Report Non-Emergencies, Call 253-288-2121

For situations where police or the fire department is needed but there is NOT an emergency:

  • Situations where emergency services are needed but there is no danger nor life-threatening circumstance occurring at the time
  • The return of a runaway child
  • A hit and run traffic collision when you are no longer at the scene of the collision
  • Lost property
  • Additional information after an initial report has been made

If you are unsure if your situation is an emergency, DIAL 911. If an emergency is detected from a non-emergency call it will be routed to the correct operator for immediate response.

Are you reporting a crime that occurred prior? If you do not have any suspect information, you can make a case report online. Our online reporting system is available 24 hours a day for your convenience.

What happens when I call?

Both 9-1-1 and the 253-288-2121 numbers ring into Valley Communications.

Out of state or region

If you are out of state or the region and need to call 911 for an emergency or a priority within the City of Auburn then you can reach the 911 center by calling 253-288-2121.

Other numbers to call

  • Should you need to speak with someone within the Police Department, please call: 253-931-3080
  • Should you need to speak with someone within Valley Regional Fire Authority, please call: 253-288-5800
  • To request a copy of a police report, please visit the Public Records Request webpage.